Since we here at the Jim Shorkey Family Auto Group recently acquired the Mitsubishi brand, we wanted to make sure you get a proper introduction. To help break the ice, here is a list of facts about the Mitsubishi brand.
1. Mitsubishi is headquartered in Minato, Tokyo. It is the world’s 16th principal car manufacturer.
2. Jackie Chan is Mitsubishi’s number one fan! For the past 20 years, Mitsubishi has been in partnership with the martial arts expert. He has made it a point to utilize only Mitsubishi vehicles in his cinema.
3. The Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR was created specifically for the East African Safari Rally and even won the marathon, on their first attempt, in 1974.
4. Since the 1960s, Mitsubishi has been a big player in street racing scenes. Mitsubishi has more than 50 years of experience in the global motor sport situation.
5. Mitsubishi has manufacturing factories located in six countries and their vehicles are available to be sold to the people of more than 160 countries over the world.
6. Since 2009, Mitsubishi has been selling its electric mini-car, which comes with a lithium-ion battery; amazingly the launch happened a year before it was planned.
7. Mitsubishi is the most effective car manufacturer for the Daker Rally with an unparalleled seven consecutive and a total of twelve wins.
8. Over the years, Mitsubishi has forged successful alliances with big foreign players like Volvo, Colt, and Proton.
9. Mitsubishi has a total of four Chinese joint ventures and has a strong global, as well as Asian, presence in the automobile market
10. The iconic Mitsubishi logo that is made of three diamonds precedes the Mitsubishi company itself by a hundred years.
Get introduced to the Jim Shorkey Mitsubishi dealership and test drive a car today!