- Power on the phone and ensure Bluetooth is ON. Please refer to your phone’s user guide for steps to turn on Bluetooth.
- Press and release the PHONE button on the steering wheel and wait for the “beep” before you speak.
- Say “Pair (a) device”, or “Pair (a) Phone”.
- System will respond with “Start pairing procedure on the device. See the device manual for instructions. The Pairing Code is ‘XXXX’”.
- Remember the PIN code the Fuse System speaks.
Connecting bluetooth can be a trying experience if you are unfamiliar with a vehicle or a device. Here at Jim Shorkey Mitsubishi, we have some helpful hints to connect your phone to your loved Mitsubishi.
- Press the speech button on the steering wheel. It displays the image of a head with speech lines coming from the mouth. Wait for the beep.
- After the beep, say “Setup.” The vehicle will list several options through the audio system at this point. Wait until it has completed the list and beeps again.
- Say “Pairing options.” Again, the vehicle will list options like list phones, select phone and pair a new phone. Wait for the beep.
- Say “Pair.” The Outlander will dictate instructions, and ask you for a four-digit PINcode.
- Say ANY four-digit pin code. You will use this PIN code on your phone right away to complete the pairing procedure.
- From the “Settings” menu, select Bluetooth.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled, or set to “On.”
- Start a search on your phone for new devices.
- Once detected, “Hands-Free System” or a similar name will display. Select it.
- Enter the four-digit PIN number you selected previously. In some cases, the PIN number will display and you will only need to confirm that is it correct.
- Your vehicle will ask you for a name associated with the cellphone. Say your name after the beep.
- The vehicle will confirm by saying “Pairing Complete.”
Or Check out this video with our product specialist, JB Lynn.